The College of Health Care Professions' Corporate Office and the Online, Houston Northwest, and Houston Southwest campuses were recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by the Houston Business Journal! Learn more here.
News & Events
- December 20, 2017 - CHCP paves the way for Online high schools through an enrollment program in partnership with Graduation Alliance. Learn more here
- November 5, 2017 – For the second year in a row, The College of Health Care Professions has been awarded the 2017 Top Workplaces honor by The Houston Chronicle.
- October 2017 – CHCP was recognized as a "Best Place To Work" by the Houston Business Journal.
- September 2017 – At the 2017 Career Colleges and Schools of Texas Association’s annual conference in Dallas, The McAllen Campus of The College of Health Care Professions won the prestigious “School of the Year” award!
- June 2017 – CHCP's "Innovation in Radiography Education" whitepaper written by Susan Sportsman, PhD, RN, ANEF, FAAN Director, Consultation, and Services is published on Elsevier's website outlining the innovation in online learning in the LMRT field.
- Community Outreach and Service is core to CHCP’s values as can be seen by the completion of 6441 hours over the past year! Notable events included: a San Antonio employer partnership to offer scholarships, participation in the 2017 Komen San Antonio Race of the Cure, and attending HISD Career Readiness Department’s When I Grow Up expo!
- July 13, 2017 – We have exciting news about a new online program! CHCP has relaunched our Health Information Management program to now offer through our online school. Check it out!
- July 9, 2017 – CHCP's Southwest Houston campus is bustling with new program options! Check out our newly implemented Massage Therapy program as well as our Network and Systems Administration program that is exclusive to this campus!
- July 6, 2017 – We are proud to announce our continued investment in innovation as our Chief Academic Officer, Dr. David Vaillancourt, and our Director of Online Academic Affairs, Dr. Ann Eady, joined the Virtual Reality Advisory Board created through a partnership between Sharecare and Elsevier. Sharecare’s new virtual reality technology provides real-time simulation of the human body with a 360-degree video and augmented reality to help medical providers better understand bodily conditions, diseases, and therapies. This technology is sure to have a major impact on health care education and we are honored to be a part of it!
- July 5, 2017 - We are proud to announce that our Fort Worth campus was one of the 5 schools nationally to receive the National Association of Health Professions National Lamp of Learning awards! Our MA and MCB programs were awarded the Lamp of Learning award for possessing certification test averages that far exceed the national averages!
- June 17, 2017 – CHCP hosted an open house event to celebrate the grand opening of its brand new Austin campus! Originally opened in 2004 as CHCP’s 3rd campus, Austin’s immense success led to an expansion of program offerings and this brand new relocation in order to accommodate its growing student body!
- June 6, 2017 – Our own Chief Academic Officer, Dr. David Vaillancourt, presented CHCP’s predictive model used to forecast student challenges and successes at the Career Education Colleges and Universities' annual convention. The significance of this model is in its ability to help CHCP assess student progress and predict how they can help students in the future!
- May 30, 2017 – Elsevier, a leader in science and healthcare research, published an Education White Paper giving special accolades to CHCP’s innovative, online Radiologic Technology Completion Program. Elsevier stated CHCP should be a model to other institutions due to its commitment, faculty expertise, and educational principles which allowed the program to receive a 94% credentialing exam pass rate!
- May 25, 2017 – A memorable night for many, CHCP’s graduation ceremony was graced by the presence of Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner. Mayor Turner commended CHCP for their work in providing education to much-needed healthcare professionals and congratulated students. All were lucky to hear his words of wisdom in motivating students to find their purpose and persevere!
- April 28, 2017 – We are proud to announce that our very own CEO, Eric Bing, was appointed to the Career Colleges and Schools of Texas (CCST) Board. The CCST is an association that represents approximately 200 schools that are vital to offering higher education in Texas. CCST has been highly committed to advancing the interests of private colleges and universities in Texas for over 40 years!
- March 13, 2017 – Our Medical Coding and Billing with blended delivery has shown so much success that CHCP is proud to announce the expansion of this program! You can now find this program offered at our Austin, Fort Worth, and San Antonio campuses.
- February 23, 2017 – CHCP was proud to have our very own Dr. Ann Eady, Director of Online Academic Affairs, and Julie Walters deliver their “Proper Onboarding of New Faculty” presentation at the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), Career Colleges and Schools of Texas (CCST), and Career Education Colleges and Universities (CECU) conferences! This informative presentation enlightened listeners on how CHCP excels by offering new professors a standardized onboarding to ensure their preparedness and success among all of our instructional modalities including online, classroom, and blended deliveries!
- November 3, 2016 – CHCP is honored to be voted as one of Houston Chronicle's Top Workplaces in 2016! 150 companies in the Houston area are delivered this recognition based on employee-completed surveys.
- October 10, 2016 – CHCP's McAllen campus has recently expanded its program offerings by providing a Dental Assistant program with blended delivery! This program allows students to enjoy the conveniences of online learning while still reaping the benefits of traditional classroom training.
- July 9, 2015 - Open House Coming To A Campus Near You In August
- May 26, 2015 - Tammy Knight is recognized at the 4th Annual Top 50 Black Health, Medical & Wellness Professionals Awards Ceremony Presented By d-mars.com Health & Wellness Journal.
- April 18, 2015 - All CHCP campuses will be having an open house on April 18th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tour the campus, learn about scholarships and talk to current and former students. Visit http://www.chcp.edu/locations for a campus near you.
- April 10, 2015 - CHCP Ft. Worth will have a High School Counselor Appreciation Luncheon & Wellness Fair. High school counselors and teachers please RSVP by March 15th to Chelsey or Diana (817)-632-5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Press & Media
- November 22, 2015 - CHCP corporate executives and local campus staff along with McAllen city officals and Chamber representatives recently attened the reception and ribbon cutting ceremony of the new MCAllen Campus!
- August 2015: Modern Living with Kathy Ireland Hosts College of Healthcare Professions Video - View Press Release
- August 2015: Great Day Houston
- March 2015: Despierta America With JoJo