April 1, 2020 - Online Classes Extended through May 1, 2020. CHCP continues to provide full services to its students and employers. Based on the State and Local, Stay Home Stay Safe Orders, CHCP will be extending the online delivery of blended and on-ground classes through May 1, 2020. Due to the dire need for health care professionals, CHCP has been deemed essential. Many of our campuses have already been qualified for exemptions to the local orders and are now approved to allow small groups of students to attend campus for hands-on skill assessment and competency check-offs. We expect all campuses to be approved by the end of the week for these assessments. Strict adherence to CDC COVID-19 guidelines and proper social distancing will be mandatory during these sessions. Participation will be voluntary and those students who wish to wait until the on-ground and blended classes return to normal operation to complete hands-on skill assessments and competency check-offs, may do so. Look for more information from your instructors in the online classroom. CHCP will continue to fully support the healthcare community during this extensive time of need.
March 26, 2020 CHCP across the state continues to provide full services to our student and employers. Our classes are in session online, financial aid and admissions are available as well as registrar and career services. Many of our healthcare employer partners have increased hiring in this time of need and CHCP graduates are accepting career offers across Texas and beyond. CHCP continues to stress the need for all our community to work and manage activities in compliance with COVID-19 CDC guidelines. We are proud of our amazing team for pivoting to this new temporary normal of educational operations and our ability to provide Texas much needed healthcare professionals in this time of need. Should you have any questions or needs, please contact the campuses or the appropriate CHCP personnel as usual. On a final note, congratulations to our Austin campus for receiving the prestigious CAAHEP accreditation for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program!
March 23, 2020 – Dallas County Shelter-In-Place Order. As of 11:59 p.m. Monday, March 23 all of Dallas County will be under a shelter-in-place order. The order will stay in place until April 3rd. During this time, our Dallas campus will remain open and continue to operate remotely to serve our students, prospective students and the local healthcare communities. Admissions, Financial Aid, Academics, Student Services and Career Services will all be available. The need for healthcare workers has never been greater. During this crisis our mission and objectives remain, as we will continue to enroll, educate and prepare the aspiring healthcare professionals of the future. Our Dallas campus can be reached at (214) 420-3400.
March 20, 2020 -- Campus Visitation Process. At this time CHCP plans to continue to provide campus-based services to all students including, academic tutoring, WiFi access, financial aid and career services to name a few. In order to maintain a safe and productive visit we request that you contact the campus to make an appointment should you need to access any campus-based resource or service. Phone support is also available for those who prefer that method of communication. Stay safe and check this page periodically for updates.
March 19, 2020 – All campuses now online. Congratulations to all for a successful transition to online classes! While all students have been transitioned to temporary online courses, our campuses will remain open to continue to provide services, support and resources during the current situation.
March 17, 2020 -- Spring Graduations Postponed. In order to stay aligned with the recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the global COVID-19 pandemic and putting the health of the CHCP community first, The College of Health Care Professions Spring 2020 Graduation ceremonies have been postponed. Below are the tentative plans for the rescheduled ceremonies. Please contact your campus for additional information.
March 16, 2020 - Students will be transtioned temporarily online. All CHCP campuses around the great State of Texas began training our campus based students on transitioning to temporary online learning environments to avoid the further spread of COVID-19. Our faculty started working on this transition a couple of weeks ago and it made a huge difference in the roll out. We are focused on continuity of education and positive outcomes. Our students and faculty are pulling together as a team in this time of need. Here are some tips to help students excel in online classes.
COVID-19 Information For CHCP Community
To the CHCP community,
March 10, 2020 -The College of Health Care Professions (CHCP) makes the safety and health of our students, faculty, and staff a top priority. CHCP continues to monitor the global outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) through updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our safety decisions and actions are guided by the following principles:
To protect the health and safety of CHCP students, faculty, and staff, while maintaining the ability to provide high-quality academics, student support, and develop future health care workers.
To provide continuity in education and the pipeline of allied health graduates our communities so desperately need.
To adhere to information and guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as local City and County Public Health Departments.
To provide flexible solutions if unique situations arise, to facilitate the continuance of education
Current Status and Preparations
CHCP has not experienced any cases of coronavirus infection
All CHCP campuses will begin the temporary transition to fully online platforms beginning on March 16. CHCP's online learning format is comprehensive having received national recognition. Our goal is to make this temporary transition as easy as possible so that students and faculty can remain on schedule.
CHCP will remain open during regualr business hours should students need to contact Careers Services, Financial Aid, or need access to educational resources.
Current CHCP Campus Operations and Preparations
- CHCP has set up an emergency preparedness plan in the event of any impact or disruption to normal campus operations that should allow the continuance of educational activities.
- All campuses have instituted intensive precautionary measures to reduce the spread of any illnesses at our campuses.
- CHCP Campuses and Corporate Offices have implemented additional daily cleaning procedures with the use of stronger disinfectants in high-touch areas.
- Additional hand sanitizers have been provided to the campuses and are readily accessible.
- Campus staff has been educated on best hygiene practices recommended by the CDC.
- We are continuing to educate campus teams on additional recommended best practices by CDC and the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Future Communications with CHCP Students & Employees
Updates on the Coronavirus and CHCP developments will be available on this page and will also be sent via email to students and employees. Please contact your local campus if you need to update your contact information. For any extra-curricular activities or CHCP community event updates, please contact your campus.
What you can do to prevent COVID-19?
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly
- Carry hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol for when you cannot wash your hands immediately
- Cover coughs and sneezes to avoid the spread of germs
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose with unwashed hands
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to seek medical care
- Student Catalog: https://www.chcp.edu/catalogs
- CHCP’s FAQs for COVID-19: https://www.chcp.edu/sites/default/files/content/documents/CHCP%20Student-Guidance-Information.pdf
- Coronavirus Prevention Guide: https://www.cdc.gov/nonpharmaceutical-interventions/tools-resources/educational-materials.html
- National and Local News
- For national updates about Coronavirus ( COVID-19) please visit:
- For Texas state updates about Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the Texas Department of Health Services website: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- For local assistance, see the listing of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19) Local Health Entities
Campus Contact Information
South San Antonio