At The College of Health Care Professions we know what skills and competencies Healthcare Employers want because we started as a Healthcare Employer ourselves
Our Heritage and Approach to Healthcare Training is unique, proven, and has been developed by Healthcare Insiders.
CHCP was born within the healthcare industry as the training division of a large healthcare provider to offer the very best training for its own employees. We use this beginning as the foundation of what we do for our students to ensure they receive the best healthcare training available anywhere…both on campus and online!
We are Healthcare Training Specialists!
This is all we do, it is all we have done for 30 years, we know what it takes to succeed, and we take you through the program fast. Along the way you will learn valuable real world skills that you will put to use in the work place.
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing industries
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics*, half of the fastest-growing occupations are in healthcare. CHCP’s experience and convenient online programs help you get started on a new career in healthcare more quickly than you could envision.
CHCP’s Online Programs combine the College’s 30 year Heritage and Approach that we have become known for in a convenient online format that won’t disrupt your life!
Potential Career Paths
- Insurance Claims Analyst
- Electronic Medical Records
- Clinical Coding Specialist
- Health Information Positions
Potential Career Paths
- Medical Assistant
- Urgent Care Medical Assistant
- Front Office Assistant
- Back Office Laboratory
Skills You Will Learn
HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT AAS
- ICD 9-10
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Electronic medical record program management
- Support the transition from paper to an electronic health record information
- Critical thinking
- Ability to problem solve
- Effective communication
- Professional leadership
- Future Supervision of Health Information Technologists
MEDICAL ASSISTANT AAS
- Assist physician w/ exams
- Assist physician w/ minor surgery
- Administer medication
- Perform EKG’s
- Minor laboratory procedures
- Take Vital signs
- Interviewing patients
- Medical records
- Reception duties
- Insurance billing/Bookkeeping duties