Get Your Surgical Technology Degree in San Antonio, TX
With surgical technologist training from CHCP, we will prepare you to take the certification exam necessary to become a surgical technologist in San Antonio, TX. The College of Health Care Professions offers an extremely hands-on approach to teaching, from lectures and labs, to clinical practice - we ensure that student’s surgical technologist training is as in-depth as possible. As a certified surgical technologist, you will be trained in the care and safety of patients, sterilization techniques, how to set up technical or robotic equipment, and preventing and controlling infections. Surgical technologists are essential members of the surgical team and the field is expected to grow 12% from 2016 and 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics*
What will I learn in the Surgical Technology AAS Degree program?
Throughout the Surgical Technology AAS Degree program that runs 80 weeks in NW San Antonio, TX, you will receive a quality education that includes learning:
- Check supplies/equipment needed for surgery
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
- Set up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment and medications/solutions needed for the procedure
- Perform appropriate counts
- Gown and glove surgeon and assistants
- Help in draping sterile field
- Pass instruments, etc., to the surgeon
- Maintain the highest standard of sterile technique
- Prepare sterile dressings
- Clean/prepare instruments for sterilization
- Assist other members of the team
- Assist in prepping the operating room for the next patient
- Soft skills
Visiting the Campus
The CHCP NW San Antonio campus is located off of I-410 on the access road between Summit Parkway and Callaghan Rd. The building is bright orange. Parking at the campus is free for students and visitors.
For those who do not have access to a car, the campus is also conveniently located off of the 550 bus line stop.
4738 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78229
What are Students Saying About CHCP San Antonio?
Chloe V., CHCP San Antonio
It is really a wonderful school. Everyone one of the employees is so helpful and kind. The classes are small which makes it even better because you have more one on one time. Anytime you need help you can go to anyone and they will be more than helpful. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a career in the medical field.
Interested in what other programs our San Antonio Campus has to offer? Click on the links below to learn more!