The College of Health Care Professions (CHCP) helps aspiring professionals to discover and pursue careers in the most in-demand healthcare fields.
As a leader in healthcare education and training, CHCP helps students develop the skills they need to meet the demands of today's healthcare industry. Founded by physicians, CHCP is focused on healthcare education and training and its accredited programs have been developing healthcare professionals for 30 years. CHCP faculty have real-world, on-the-job experience and are committed to helping students succeed. Just as importantly, CHCP's on-campus, blended, online and hybrid stackable program offerings give students flexible options to learn on their schedule in a time and cost efficient manner.
- Every student can succeed.
- On ramps to success: All programs are stackable. Students start in short term certificates with real-labor market value and can continue to earn their bachelor’s degrees while working and earning.
- Career services is central to the student experience.
- Prepare graduates with programs are aligned with industry-validated certifications.
- Infuse programs require work-based learning opportunities in programs to help students see and feel their career firsthand.
- Power of referral (potential to link to reviews)
Success Stories: CHCP in the News
- WorkingNation: 17 Days of Sustainability
- Inside Higher Ed Podcast: The Key: A Model to Watch
- Real Clear Education: Time to Re-Engineer Higher Ed forWorking Students
- The evoLLLution: Earning a Bachelor's Shouldn't Be All or Nothing
- CBS News: Ready To Work, Trade Schools Face Adversity During COVID Pandemic
- U.S. News & World Report: Retraining Workers Is They Key To Solving Job Needs
- Forbes: Virtual HEalthcare Education Is Key To Addressing Workforce Needs
- Houston Chronicle: New Academies With Hands-On Training A Better Fit Than College for Many Texas Youth
- Inside Higher Ed: Upskilling Health-Care Workers
- Radiology Today: Solving The Health Tech Skills Gap
- Inside Higher Ed: Out of Poverty, Into Health-Care Jobs
- The Hill
- San Antonio Express
- Higher Learning Advocates Insights & Outlooks
- US Chamber of Commerce
- WorkingNation: Pandemic Accelerates The Demand For Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Creating Equity At Scale
- Innovation in Radiography Education
- Healthcare Education Innovation in the Rio grande Valley, Texas
- The Equity Equation
- EAQ and HESI Help CHCP Faculty Reach Student Success Goals by Elsevier
We help students succeed throughout their careers. From stackable education to lifelong career services, CHCP also offers customized continuing education and training through Medical Technology Management Institute (MTMI). MTMI provides over 6,000 courses a year, which have impacted over 145,000 healthcare professionals.