Radiologic Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree Online Completion Program
Advance Your Career by Completing Your Associate Degree in Radiologic Technology!
Designed Program Length: 64 Weeks
The College of Health Care Professions offers an efficient way for students who currently have a Limited Radiology Certification and Texas Licensure to earn an Associate Degree in Radiologic Technology (RT). Upon successful completion of CHCP's online Radiologic Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree Completion Program, you will be able to apply for careers at hospitals and practices that require more advanced radiology training. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics job growth is anticipated 17% to 2026.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Radiologic Technology is designed to provide you with the industry knowledge and skills needed to succeed and excel in your career. CHCP also gives credit for previous radiology coursework, so you do not have to start from scratch.
Program Entrance Requirements: Each program applicant must have a high school diploma or GED and must be able to speak, read, and write English.
All applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduate of an accredited LMRT Program and have a current and valid permanent Texas LMRT license
- A recent graduate of an accredited and approved LMRT program within 6 months and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better, and a completed recommendation evaluation by the Program Director. If accepted into the program, students must demonstrate completion of the LMRT state exam within 6 months of enrollment to remain in the program.
- Graduate of an approved LMRT Program, have a current and valid permanent Texas LMRT License, andverifiable clinical radiography experience equivalent to 1200 hours at the time of acceptance. Clinical contacthours must be verified by an ARRT registered Radiologic Technologist or an AMA Board Certified Radiologist who has observed the applicant in the clinical setting.
Applicants must not have been convicted of a felony, without restoration of his or her civil rights. Preapproval from the ARRT can be gained for any applicants that are concerned about a conviction at: https://www.arrt.org/pdfs/Ethics/Ethics-Review-Pre-Application.pdf
How will I afford my Radiologic Technology Associate Degree?
- Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. CHCP’s financial aid department is here to help students save money while working towards the healthcare career of their dreams. Click here to learn more! We also offer Scholarships.
What Skills Will I Learn In the Radiologic Technology Program?
- Trauma, Mobile and Operating Room Procedures
- Radiology Advanced Medical Imaging Procedures
How will I find a Radiologic Technologist job after I graduate?
- CHCP career services offers job placement assistance as well as interview and resume writing tips and more. Check out our career services page!
Contact us today to further your career with an Associate Degree in Radiologic Technology!