Under general supervision of the Director of I.T., this position is responsible for providing I.T. support for desktops, laptops, servers and peripherals. In addition, they are responsible for assisting in the administration and maintenance of the LAN network and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting of LAN and WLAN system performance and resolving communications and networking problems.
- Provide software support for Windows desktop/server environments.
- IT asset management
- Respond to and resolve open help desk tickets.
- Setup new user workstations/IP phones
- Image workstations/laptops
- Perform network backups
Education and Experience Requirements
A minimum of 2 years experience in which the following skills were exhibited:
- Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment.
- Installation and maintenance of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in the network.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Windows 7, 10 operating system.
- Beginning to intermediate experience with Server 2012/2012R2/2016.
- Experience with imaging workstation technologies.
- A friendly customer service attitude.
- Remote access software such as Dameware, etc…
- Intermediate experience with corporate Anti-virus solutions.
- Beginning to intermediate experience with VOIP phone solutions.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013/2016/Office 365 suite.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of file/print services.
55%─Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves complex problems with business applications, networking, and hardware. Accurately documents all work in appropriate problem tracking software. Prioritizes tasks based on service level agreement criteria with limited supervision.
20%─Installs, configures, and tests upgraded and new business computers and applications based upon user-defined requirements. Assists users in identifying hardware/software needs and provides advice regarding current options, policies, and procedures. Creates and troubleshoots network accounts and other business application user accounts as documented in the employee lifecycle process.
15%─Participates in the design, testing, and deployment of client configurations throughout the organization. This process requires detailed knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and compatible business applications. Leverages application packaging software technology for deployment of business applications to client systems.
5%─Participates in the analysis and selection of new technology required for expanding computing needs throughout the organization. Works with competing vendors to determine the best selection based on price, technical functionality, durability, manufacturer support, manufacturer vision, and position in the healthcare industry.
5%─Documents technical processes and troubleshooting guidelines. Documents end-user frequently asked questions about computer systems or programs and publishes on Intranet as guidelines for the entire organization.