Summary: Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. Responsible for verifying accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions.
This position also requires adherence to CHCP’s core values, which are the basic elements of how we go about our work. They are the practices we use (or should be using) every day in everything we do. Our core values are a small set of timeless guiding principles which we live by and include:
- Innovation: We embrace organizational goals and drive positive change.
- Compassion: We care about our students, their future employers, and the communities that they serve.
- Accountability: We are committed to responsibly upholding and reinforcing our values.
- Respect: We are accepting and considerate of others, regardless of background, abilities, or beliefs.
- Excellence: We execute our goals with passion and purpose and strive for the highest quality in our results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the daily and monthly accounting reporting process under the supervision of the Accounting Manager.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting/entering information.
- Provides required information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Examine documents for completeness, accuracy, or conformance to standards
- Maintain records, reports, or files
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records
- Takes responsibility for special projects assigned to support business objectives and decision making.
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- Provide support for the Collections team by managing weekly reports and providing ongoing lists of additional students assigned to each collector.
- Prepare and issue weekly collection summaries based on collector activity.
- Determine student bad debts and write-off according to established procedures, including sending accounts to collections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. .
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; or a combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, QuickBooks and Strong Excel skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; be an intermediate user of excel, comfortable with basic data manipulation, formulas, formatting, etc. Experience using QuickBooks or similar accounting package is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting, talking or hearing. On occasion, this position may stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Periodically, this position may lift up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements are the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.