Summary: The Radiology Technology Program Director is responsible for oversight of the online imaging programs. He or she will leverage their expertise to develop, maintain, and deliver education services to students through evaluating, creating and maintaining core curriculum and oversight of clinical experiences. He or she will ensure delivery of core curriculum by supervising the preparation of course plans and materials and supervising the staff who oversee the online Imaging Programs. The Radiology Technology PD will assist in oversight of the online staff as they monitor and manage student progress, attendance, student advising, and grade reporting. The RTPD will also ensure continued compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional, and Programmatic accreditation agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain current online imaging programs including continuing education and additional programs, where appropriate.
- Establish clinical sites for clinical rotations, and ensure sites are approved through ABHES for both ground and online imaging programs.
- Liaison to accrediting boards including certification approvals with the TMB.
- Initial evaluation of faculty qualifications.
- Provide training to faculty and others, where appropriate.
- Teaching Radiology Technology and Imaging Curriculum as needed.
- Schedules, assigns, and contracts faculty into online courses based on needs.
- Records RT faculty performance review results.
- Ensure that both online students are adequately prepared for certification exam and are cleared to sit for the exams.
- Work in conjunction with Career Services Dept., to establish community relationships to assist with graduate placement opportunities.
- Supervise Radiology Technology Clinical Coordinator and field based clinical instructors.
- Oversight of clinical guidelines and expectations for both online and ground imaging programs
- Develop outreach plan and work within the community both locally and nationally to promote the programs.
- Develop continuing education, pathways and review programs to compliment the established imaging program, such as CT / MRI.
- Assist PD’s and faculty with student concerns and advising.
- Supervise ground schools to implement blended programs and full ground programs.
- Work with faculty to submit articles, blogs, and other communications in support of the programs.
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal, institutional, and programmatic regulation agencies.
- Adhere to academic policies/procedures for compliance.
- Assist VP of Digital Academic Services with administrative functions.
- Provide guidance regarding ground based imaging programs, as needed, as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Preferred at least two years of online teaching experience in specific industry/domain.
- At least two years of program manager/director level management experience.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated individuals with goals to succeed.
- Portrays a positive and professional approach in all interactions within the College environment.
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet Company core values.
- Must be capable of providing leadership and inspiration to remote faculty as well as remote staff.
- Must be sufficiently technically oriented to understand the technical objectives of assigned programs
- Work with the academics’ team and student services to maintain satisfactory student retention and program completion rates.
- Attend state / national / regional conferences as pertaining to accreditation, professional development, and program development.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Skilled in the writing of funding agency proposals.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and must successfully complete the faculty screening\orientation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree.
- A current state license in the field of radiology.
- Certification as a registered Radiology Technologist, with the American Registry of Radiology Technologists.
- Minimum of three years’ experience, and two years teaching experience.
Excellent computer skills to include MS Office proficiency -Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook and
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the key responsibilities of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the key responsibilities.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.