Summary: The Online Campus President is responsible for creating an environment to fulfill educational goals. Using initiative and independent judgment, the Campus President will administer and supervise all operations of the school, including exercise of budget controls, oversight of staffing, marketing, community involvement, and course development/offerings. Additionally, the Campus President will ensure sound business practices, continued focus on compliance, and upholding the school’s mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working within corporate guidelines, identify and define the overall philosophy and goals for the school.
- Establish and monitor the operating budget of the school.
- Establish, review, revise, and monitor school policies. Approve procedures related to the implementation of school policies.
- Participate in the interview, hiring, firing, supervision, and evaluation of personnel.
- Establish priorities and goals & supervise and monitor the operations of all departments within the campus.
- Monitor compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the operation of a private post-secondary school.
- Establish general operating procedures and evaluate compliance by personnel reviews.
- Inform personnel of changes, review policies and procedures, address matters of concern and review and direct general department and school operations.
- Monitor the utilization of school's funds, financial accounts, operating expenses, and revenues.
- Approve agreements or contracts with clinical training sites. Approve agreements or contracts to provide functional operations for the school. Contract for services as needed. Authorize the purchase of new equipment and services.
- As custodian of records, establish policies and procedures related to the maintenance of student and employee records as required by federal and state law.
- Prepare reports for accreditation to federal and state agencies and private accreditation organizations.
- Monitors safety and security of students and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - Solicits customer feedback to improve service .Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Displays passion and optimism.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Improves processes, products and services.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Ability to read, analyze, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
Manages 10 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 10 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.