Summary: Work under and reports to the Campus President to ensure adequate number of externship sites are available to meet the need of the program. Responsible for recruit, develop and monitor extern sites for student assignments. He/she should constantly market the programs offered throughout the medical community and actively seek additional externship sites for the students. Responsible for 40% of externship sites hiring students by program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Maintain federal, state and accreditation compliance
- Ensures organizational requirements are met of 40% of externs are hired by their site
- Monitor and maintain TWC and accreditation regulations of all student records with respect to site evaluations, time cards, surveys and any other required documentation
- Attain a thorough knowledge of all rules and standards set forth by the state, federal and accrediting board with respect to the externship and ensure all rules and regulations are adhered to
- Responsible for the recruitment and maintaining of extern sites, marketing to the medical community, communications and public relations of the department and school
- Ensure sufficient opening are available at sites for number of students needing externships
- Meets number of new sites developed designated by company metrics
- Serve as liaison between students, college faculty and the organization providing the externship
- Works closely with the Placement Coordinator on assisting the student into employment after graduation
- Counsel students who are not attending externship as scheduled
- Track and assure that all students complete a final exit after externship is completed
- Assist the students with career development, professionalism, resume preparation and interviewing skills
- Update and maintain affiliation agreements
- Monitor, track and provide feedback to the extern regarding timesheets
- Ensure all attendance is recorded and filed
- Maintain CampusVue data on students site assignments
- Arrange and conduct externship orientation prior to externship
- Conduct weekly site visits
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Participate in student orientation
- Keep accurate records in an organized manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Career Services Director or Campus President
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of students, customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and perform statistical analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.