Summary: The Program Director of a Hybrid and Blended Program is responsible for leveraging their expertise to develop, maintain, and deliver education services to students thru creating and maintaining core curriculum, ensuring delivery of core curriculum, preparing course plans and material, supervising staff and oversight of their Programs. The Program Director will monitor and manage student progress and attendance, student advising, and grade reporting. The rog Program Director will also ensure continued compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional accreditation agencies.
This position also requires adherence to CHCP’s core values, which are the basic elements of how we go about our work. They are the practices we use (or should be using) every day in everything we do. Our core values are a small set of timeless guiding principles which we live by and include:
- We embrace organizational goals and drive positive change.
- We care about our students, their future employers, and the communities that they serve.
- We are committed to responsibly upholding and reinforcing our values.
- We are accepting and considerate of others, regardless of background, abilities, or beliefs.
- We execute our goals with passion and purpose and strive for the highest quality in our results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, orient and train instructional staff to instruct in the blended program (online and face to face)
- Oversee instructional staff in face to face courses and online courses
- Evaluate instructional staff in face to face courses and online courses
- Ensure that all course objectives are met in both face to face and online courses
- Supervise and evaluate instructional staff
- Direct advisory committee activities for program.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Monitor instructor lesson plans and their posting.
- Reports on measures of student outcomes
- Assists in the recruitment, development, and selection of faculty to teach blended courses in collaboration with the Director of Education; ensures that faculty has the appropriate credentials as required by CHCP and the accrediting body
- Promotes their Program among various community constituents to broaden visibility CHCP Programs
- Assists in the development of new courses and programs that are relevant to the growth and expansion of CHCP Assistant Programs.
- Review curriculum and textbooks with instructors, program managers, advisory board, and Campus President.
- Review student evaluations of instructors and programs, externship evaluations, employer surveys, and graduate surveys with the DOE and Campus President.
- Interview prospective students during enrollment process as needed.
- Conduct new student blended orientation as needed.
- Review completion and placement rates with Director of Career Services and the Campus President.
- Schedule in-service training.
- Assist registrar in maintaining employee and student records.
- Monitor TWC, federal and accrediting standards compliance.
- Adheres to academic policies/procedures for compliance.
- Assist with student advising.
- Assist Director of Education with administrative functions to ensure that the program runs smoothly and interfaces well with other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Skilled in the writing of funding agency proposals.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must meet both ABHES and TWC requirements, to be an approved instructor and Program Director.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must hold a current licensure and or certification in their field as required by local, state and or federal law.
This position supervises instructional staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
Mission Statement: The College of Health Care Professions is dedicated to providing quality training to individuals interested in the allied health care fields. Knowledge and proficiency are attained through demonstration; actual operation of equipment; and practice of learned techniques. It is our aim to provide students with the knowledge and technical proficiency that will make them employable for entry level positions in the allied health care field.
Notice: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job.