Summary: The Limited Medical Radiology Technologist (LMRT) Program Director is responsible for leveraging their expertise to develop, maintain, and deliver education services to students thru creating and maintaining core curriculum, ensuring delivery of core curriculum, preparing course plans and material, supervising staff and oversight of the Program. The Xray Program Director will monitor and manage student progress and attendance, student advising, and grade reporting. The Limited Medical Radiology Technologist PD will also ensure continues compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional accreditation agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Supervise and evaluate instructional staff
- Direct advisory committee activities for program.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Monitor instructor lesson plans and their posting.
- Screen instructional applicants
- Review curriculum and textbooks with instructors, program managers, advisory board, and Campus President.
- Review student evaluations of instructors and programs, externship evaluations, employer surveys, and graduate surveys with the DOE/EC and Campus President.
- Interview prospective students during enrollment process as needed.
- The Xray PD will conduct new student orientation as needed.
- Review completion and placement rates with Director of Career Services and the Campus President.
- Schedule in-service training.
- Develop annual start date calendar.
- Assist registrar in maintaining employee and student records.
- Monitor TWC, federal and accrediting standards compliance.
- Adheres to academic policies/procedures for compliance.
- Assist with new program development.
- Assist with student advising.
- Assist Director of Education/Education Coordination with administrative functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Skilled in the writing of funding agency proposals.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - The Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Program Director follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Licensed Medical Radiologic Technologist
Job Requirements; Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Accountability:
A) Minimum 5 years experience as a Limited Medical Radiology Technologist or MRT, with relative experience to meet state, programmatic, and institutional accreditation requirements.
B) OR an Associate’s Degree and 3 years experience, in positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry.
C) Certification, registry, and/or licensure in field of instruction approved and recognized by state regulation agency and accrediting organization. Advanced certifications or credits towards further study are highly preferred..
D) Fiscal and personnel management experience.
a) Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
b) Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
c) Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
d) Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
a) Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
b) Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
c) Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
d) Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Meet education and fiscal metrics within program(s) and program(s)courses: attendance, monthly continuing student persistence, student satisfaction survey results, testing/certification, and monthly new student persistence if applicable.
- New course preparation and implementation when required by program(s) or new textbook(s).
- Participation and facilitation in on-going professional development activities and campus sponsored in service trainings.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the Xray PD is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
Mission Statement:The College of Health Care Professions is dedicated to providing quality training to individuals interested in the allied health care fields. Knowledge and proficiency are attained through demonstration; actual operation of equipment; and practice of learned techniques. It is our aim to provide students with the knowledge and technical proficiency that will make them employable for entry level positions in the allied health care field.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, the X-ray PD should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
This position supervises instructional staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.