Part time Evening Instructor (5:45pm – 10 pm), two to four evenings a week.
Summary: The Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Instructor (LMRT) will ensure ethical conduct, sound educational practices, and the academic development of each student, with focus on the Mission Objectives of the College of Health Care Professions. In this position, the Instructor delivers the curriculum to help students achieve their educational goals. The The Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Instructor (LMRT) will also manage their classrooms and promote a positive and engaging learning environment, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. X-Ray Technicians are to “model” the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of our students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged classroom experience to students.
- The Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Instructor (LMRT) will guarantee that student has been presented with material to successfully meet the learning objectives of each course within a student’s program of study.
- Ensure the instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, and are properly maintained and in working order.
- Participate in on-going faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaging classroom for all students; maintain required certification (LMRT) and licensure.
- Actively participate in meeting, review and analyze data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines.
- Ensure campus compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory bodies’, guidelines, along with internal policies of the company.
- The X-Ray Technician Monitor attendance of students and submit to registrar’s office before leaving work day/evening.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans; follow syllabi to maintain a pace to meet requirements.
- Ensure strict adherence to school schedule. LMRT, X-ray, imaging
- Notify director of all incidents and/or issues immediately.
- Grade tests and submit grades on time to register’s office.
- The X-Ray Technician will maintain and clean classrooms, laboratory areas and faculty offices.
- Arrive for work, be in your classroom to greet students and begin class on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, the X-Ray Technician should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality. Radiology, XRay.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. XRay, imagaing.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, the The Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Instructor (LMRT) must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certification (LMRT), AART Preferred, Registry and/or Licensure in field of instruction approved and recognized by state regulation agency and accrediting organization. A minimum 3- 5 years experience and Associate Degree preferred. Teaching Experience preferred. XRay, imaging experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, the X-Ray Technician should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
LMRT or RT Certification.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.