Summary: The Clinical Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching students, developing and maintaining clinical affiliations, supervising students in the clinical settings and maintaining records of the clinical education component.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Clinical Coordinator develops and maintains clinical affiliations at facilities for clinical and externship.
- Coordinates schedules for clinical rotations, coordinates faculty assignments for clinical staff, LMRT, XRay
- Mentors and monitors clinical faculty. LMRT, X-ray
- Collects records and reports, retains case logs, and clinical evaluations
- Ensures that students meet clinical affiliate requirements for the rotation in a clinical setting
- Maintains a record of grades in a formal grade book or electronic record, which is backed up and secured
- Reports academic progress of students and submits final grades to PD/Registrar
- Attends mandatory faculty meetings and in-service activities
- Maintains continuing education and professional growth activity and documentation
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal, institutional, and programmatic regulations
- Adheres to academic policies/procedures for compliance
- Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Clinical Coordinator assists with student advising
- Register students for their temporary license with TMB
- Assist Director of Education/Education Coordination with administrative functions
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Skilled in the writing of funding agency proposals.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. LMRT, Xray.
- Business Acumen - Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Clinical Coordinator understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- LMRT/RT certificate, Associate’s Degree Preffered.
- Three to five years related experience in field; radiology related experience (LMRT, XRay).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Limited Medical Radiology Technologist Clinical Coordinator has ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Registered with Texas Medical Board and or ARRT
This position supervises instructional staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.