Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, we are looking for a team member who gets things done, while joining a winning culture that is supportive, innovative and focused on employee, student, and community and employer success.
The Role: Pre-Enrollment Financial Aid Specialist
- Act as a first point of contact with new students.
- Provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively with potential students and parents via phone and email.
- Conduct financial aid estimates and provide information regarding financial aid programs and eligibility.
- Assist students in the application process for all federal programs utilizing electronic processes developed by the Department of Education including FAFSA, master promissory note and entrance counseling.
- Responsible for tracking proof of graduation documents.
- Assist with guiding students through the exit counseling sessions.
- Data entry of student information into the financial aid tracking spreadsheet and Campusvue software.
- Responsible for organizing filing cabinets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you need
- Required: 1-3 years of prior customer service experience
- Preferred: 1-3 years financial aid experience at an institution of higher education.
- Proficiency in use of personal computer workstation with standard software applications.
- Ability to learn and use multiple software programs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and be a team player with strong intrapersonal skills
- Ability to handle numerous complex and routine tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Fluent English.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14-16 per hour with experience
Education: High school diploma or above
Required work authorization: United States