Summary: The Financial Aid Advisor provides student financial information and services (Title IV) to all applicants and enrolled students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide exceptional customer service to our prospective and in-house students.
- Conduct financial aid interviews for all applicants and enrolled students.
- Provide all payment options based upon financial aid eligibility and complete installment agreement for each enrolled student.
- The Financial Aid Advisor maintains complete and accurate financial aid records as required by DOE.
- Process all student financial aid applications for grants, loans, or any other aid programs.
- Reconcile all start files and process all repacks for the new academic year. Accurately schedule all aid and student payments in CLASS.
- Work closely with Financial Aid Servicer to ensure timely cash flow and reporting.
- Ensure all required verification documents are in file before requesting payment as required on the student's ISIR.
- Work closely with FA Manager and Accounts Receivable to ensure all student payments are made timely.
- Ensure all students have completed all entrance counseling requirements. Exit counseling must be completed within 30 days of the LDA.
- The Financial Aid Advisor completes all weekly/monthly financial aid reports and provide weekly updates to FAM (Cash Flow, Balance to Scheduled, FA Hold, etc.).
- Stay abreast of current financial aid regulations and/or changes by all means possible, such as the web, FAME newsletters, and seminars (if approved by director).
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Able to support good morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and accurately; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Works independently; Uses time efficiently; Complete work efficiently and accurately with many interruptions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma, or general education degree (GED). Minimum two (2) years financial aid or related experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word) and data entry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting, talking or hearing. On occasion, this position may stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Periodically, this position may lift up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements are the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.