The Financial Aid Processor is responsible for processing student drops, tagging funds and regular review of student attendance. This position will give a high level of customer service to internal and external customers. The Financial Aid Processor will work closely with the FA team to ensure accurate reporting status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a clear working understanding of Title IV program information.
- Manage and process return to Title IV and State calculations.
- Approve Title IV funds.
- Work closely with campus Registrars to ensure timely processing of all student dismissals.
- Maintain complete and accurate Financial Aid records as required by DOE
- Works closely with Financial Aid Servicer and Campuses to ensure timely cash flow and reporting
- Ensure all required documents are in before requesting payment as required on the students ISIR.
- Stay abreast of current financial aid regulations and/or changes by all means possible, such as the web newsletters, and seminars (if approved by supervisors)
- Train campus staff and audit student records
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and accurately; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Works independently; Uses time efficiently; Complete work efficiently and accurately with many interruptions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Minimum (1) year experience in the customer service and clerical fields.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in CampusVue, Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word) and data entry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment. Must have the ability to multi task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting, talking or hearing. On occasion, this position may stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Periodically, this position may lift up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements are the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.