Summary: The Corporate Director of Audit, Compliance & Training is responsible for compliance and regulatory disciplines for all functional areas. Responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal Title IV policy and procedure. Will provide oversight, guidance and training to all functional departments. Will develop and manage audit programs surrounding Campus level Financial Aid. Assists with daily monitoring of campus execution of academic process, per training and policy. Must be effective in working in a team environment with a focus on customer service and support.
Work with company personnel to assess and provide feedback on their skills and interests; select training and development activities that match their career development objectives and job needs; build and present trainings, inform employees about training and development opportunities on campus and create an annual development plan; stay informed of current policies and practices that support employee development; follow up with employees after training to integrate new skills and knowledge into their responsibilities. Significant focus will be on admissions training.
This position also requires adherence to CHCP’s core values, which are the basic elements of how we go about our work. They are the practices we use (or should be using) every day in everything we do. Our core values are a small set of timeless guiding principles which we live by and include:
- Innovation: We embrace organizational goals and drive positive change.
- Compassion: We care about our students, their future employers, and the communities that they serve.
- Accountability: We are committed to responsibly upholding and reinforcing our values.
- Respect: We are accepting and considerate of others, regardless of background, abilities, or beliefs.
- Excellence: We execute our goals with passion and purpose and strive for the highest quality in our results.
Essential Duties: Compliance/Regulatory and Audit
- Manage business regulatory/compliance processes to ensure adherence to required ABHES, TWC and DOE regulations.
- Collaborate with management team to ensure adherence to compliance requirements.
- Develop and test internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for Financial Aid audit and reporting. Oversee Internal Audit staff. Approach Internal Audit with a zero tolerance for findings. Communicate with Campus CP and DFA where applicable related to audit findings.
- Provide weekly reporting on Audit results. Train on audit related findings when required.
- Oversees out of School student collections. Provide weekly reporting on Out of School Collections progress.
- Maintain the ECAR for three OPEID accounts.
- Responsible for submitting IPEDS reporting.
- Responsible for submitting Gainful Employment reporting.
- Work with the Senior Compliance Officer to remain current on changing regulations from the Department of Education, as they relate to Financial Aid. Communicate changes to management and ensure adherence to changes within school level operations.
- Ensure programs are set up in correctly in CampusVue.
- Assists with daily monitoring of campus execution of academic process, per training and policy.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate records; maintenance of records confidentiality.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our prospective and in-house students.
- Provide project support on special projects as needed for the Sr. VP of Compliance
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality. Must be able to work closely with all levels of management and team members.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Able to support good morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and accurately; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Works independently; Uses time efficiently; Complete work efficiently and accurately with many interruptions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field; or a combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in quality control or corporate policy auditing
- 3+ years’ supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of current regulations affecting Higher Education
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word) and data entry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
The College of Health Care Professions is dedicated to providing quality training to individuals interested in the allied health care fields. Knowledge and proficiency are attained through demonstration; actual operation of equipment; and practice of learned techniques. It is our aim to provide students with the knowledge and technical proficiency that will make them employable for entry level positions in the allied health care field.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job.