Summary: The Career Services Advisor works under the supervision of the career services and program directors to recruit, develop and monitor sites for student assignments and placements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Coordinate the duties and responsibilities of the Career Services Department as assigned.
• Assist the directors in maintaining the policies and procedures of the Career Services and Externship Departments of CHCP.
• Assist the Directors with advertising, recruiting extern and placement sites, marketing to the medical community, communications and public relations of the Career Services Department and CHCP.
• Assist with the monitoring of student’s progress during externship
• Assist the students with career development, placement, professionalism, resume preparation and interviewing skills.
• The Career Services Coordinator will be a positive representative of CHCP in the community.
• Assist the different departments as needed to carry out the educational mission of CHCP.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings
• Participate in student orientation
• Keep accurate records in an organized manner
• Ensure compliance with all state, federal and accrediting rules and regulations
• Coordinate externship meetings each module/month
• Conduct weekly extern sites visits.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
• Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, a Career Services Advisor must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of students, customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and perform statistical analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Recruiting, job placement, coordinator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Recruiting, job placement, coordinator.