Summary: The Cardiovascular Sonography Program Director is responsible for leveraging their expertise to develop, maintain, and deliver education services to students thru creating and maintaining core curriculum, ensuring delivery of core curriculum, preparing course plans and material. The CVS PD will assure achievement of the programs’ goals and outcomes, and is responsible for all aspects of the program, including the organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development and general effectiveness of the program. the PD must provide supervision, administration and coordination of the instructional staff in the academic and clinical phases of the education program. The Cardiovascular Sonography Program Director will also ensure continues compliance with Federal, State, Programmatic, and Institutional accreditation agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Direct advisory committee activities for program.
- Supervise Instructional Staff.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Monitor instructor lesson plans and their posting. Echocardiography and vascular imaging
- Screen instructional applicants.
- Review curriculum and textbooks with instructors, program managers, advisory board, and school director.
- Review student evaluations of instructors and programs, externship evaluations, employer surveys, and graduate surveys with the DOE, and CP.
- Interview prospective students during enrollment process as needed.
- Cardiovascular Sonographer Program Director will conduct new student orientation as needed.
- Review completion and placement rates with Director of Career Services and Campus President.
- Oversee and conduct in-service training.
- Develop annual start date calendar.
- Assist registrar in maintaining employee and student records.
- Monitor TWC, federal and accrediting standards compliance.
- Adheres to academic policies/procedures for compliance.
- Assist with new program development.
- Assist with student advising.
- Assist Director of Education with administrative functions.
- Other duties as assigned. Echocardiography and vascular imaging
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - The Cardiovascular Sonographer Program Director writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Skilled in the writing of funding agency proposals.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Echocardiography and vascular imaging. Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Cardiovascular, EKG, Ultrasound Physics, Vascular scanning of Carotid, Arterial and Venous Ultrasound Imaging, Echocardiography and Advanced Echo/Doppler.
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3-5 years’ Cardiovascular Management experience.
Registered in at least one of the Cardiovascular specialties for which they assume a primary teaching role
Ability to present a professional image and act as a role model
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses: NA
This position supervises instructional staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.