Summary: The Assistant Registrar will serve as a core member of the leadership team in the Office of Registration and Records. The successful candidate will oversee all matters related to transfer, test and placement credit for current and prospective CHCP students. Serve as a supervisor to team of transfer staff. Coordinate academic record activity. Coordinate new student registration activities. Assist with curricular review updates; ensure a comprehensive understanding of academic structure. Assist in the creation, interpretation, and implementation of administrative policy. Ensure the integrity, security and maintenance of all student academic records for current and former students and develop and implement strategies to maintain effective and efficient operations within the office. Incumbent must assure that the College of Health Care Professions (CHCP) philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
1. Input and maintain all enrollment records (attendance, grades, and progress reports).
2. Organize and conduct quarterly registration process for in-school and incoming students.
3. Directs preparation of student transcripts and commencement list.
4. Monitor attendance and persistence procedures.
5. Directs preparation of statistical reports on educational activities for government and educational agencies and interprets registration policies to faculty and students.
6. Generate reports in requested formats for in-house, support staff, and external agency use.
7. Process student grades and enforce Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy.
8. Coordinates class schedules with room assignments for optimum use of buildings and equipment. Building course schedules in Campusvue and ensuring all students are scheduled.
9. Ordering and distributing text books to students.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements; Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Accountability:
a) Associate's degree preferred, or a combination of education and experience.
2. b) At least two years of related experience working in a post-secondary institution.
a) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
b) Strong interpersonal skills with faculty, staff, and student populations.
c) Superior organizational skills
d) Strong computer and analytical skills.
a) Work effectively as a team member to ensure that departmental goals are met.
b) Ability to prioritize work and perform well under pressure.
c) Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
d) Ability to comply with regulatory requirements with respect to student academic records and other documentation.
1. Maintain zero internal and external audit findings for student record keeping and maintenance.
2. All attendance is inputted and checked for accuracy immediately following class completion.
3. Student grad dates are accurate and up to date.
b. Indirect: Monthly and annual cumulative student persistence for school.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
Mission Statement: The College of Health Care Professions is dedicated to providing quality training to individuals interested in the allied health care fields. Knowledge and proficiency are attained through demonstration; actual operation of equipment; and practice of learned techniques. It is our aim to provide students with the knowledge and technical proficiency that will make them employable for entry level positions in the allied health care field.
Notice: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job.