Summary: Work with admissions staff to: assess and provide feedback on their skills and interests; select training and development activities that match their career development objectives and job needs; build and present trainings, inform employees about training and development opportunities on campus and to create an annual development plan; stay informed of current policies and practices that support employee development; follow up with employees after a learning activity to integrate new skills and knowledge into their responsibilities. Ensure all CHCP admissions teams are fully educated to perform at a high level and increase customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, develop and enhance full admissions trainings –dealing with phone interviews or appointment setting, soft skills, overcoming concerns, tours, systems usage, compliance, sustainment training, promotion training, call scoring, and other topics as assigned
- Develop and present new hire trainings to help prepare individuals for successful positions in
- General Training to include on boarding, indoctrination in to CHCP culture, HR Training, annual trainings such as customer service, ethics, compliance, harassment, etc
- Identify strengths and areas of opportunity to identify training needs for teams and individuals
- Facilitate individual and team training on consistent basis via different platforms, including live, virtual, recordings, etc
- Track, analyze, and understand individualized and team data to identify trainings to drive results
- Ensure materials and collateral are current, in compliance, and being utilized properly
- Ensures that policies and programs facilitate the continuing development of staff
- Create programs and activities to provide skill development, such as job rotation, cross-training, mentoring, internships, coaching, and career strategy groups
- Serve as a role model by participating in career and professional development opportunities yourself
- Supervision as directed by leadership to help enhance outcome performances including, but not limited to: communication flow, opening statements, probing questions, identifying motivations, overcoming concerns and building rapport
- Ensure a current and accurate knowledge of all program offerings, policies, processes, and procedures
- Volunteer and pursue improvements in all enrollment management efforts
- Attend all required meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- - Seeks increased responsibilities.
- - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Works independently; Uses time efficiently; Complete work efficiently with many interruptions.
- - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with inquiry management systems, CVue and Velocify preferred
- Ability to manage the full training cycle
- Experience with learning management software
- Extensive knowledge of learning principles and modern training techniques
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hour’s necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis
- Excellent presentation and follow up skills
- Ability to speak and write in a business/professional manner.
Bachelor’s Degree; or a combination of education and experience.
A minimum of 5 years training experience required preferably in Higher Education. Deep experience in admissions training is required.
Up to 75% travel to include single overnight and multiple overnight night stays.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Reasoning Ability:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word) and data entry.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting, talking or hearing. On occasion, this position may stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may lift up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements are the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.