Summary: The Generalist role is the critical first impression, via phone, with whom many prospective students will engage when speaking with CHCP. This role is responsible for supporting our automated contact strategy, accurately entering data, and handling a high volume of prospective and continuing student engagements. These student connections are required to be upbeat and positive, handled efficiently and compliantly, and always completed with the highest ethical standards.
Additionally, in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position; the Generalist is required to be mindful of the CHCP philosophy, which requires providing quality services to all students, visitors, and clients; focusing on the development, growth, and involvement of staff members; offering recognition of employees; adhering to sound economic principles; and creating an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking, and expansion.
As with all positions at CHCP, we require adherence to our core values, which are the basic elements of how we go about our work. Our core values are a small set of timeless guiding principles which we live by, and include:
- - We embrace organizational goals and drive positive change.
- - We care about our students, their future employers, and the communities that they will serve.
- - We are committed to responsibly upholding and reinforcing our values.
- - We are accepting and considerate of others, regardless of background, abilities or beliefs.
- - We execute our goals with passion and purpose and strive for the highest quality in our results.
Key Job Elements:
- Provide unrivaled customer service in the engagement with prospective and continuing students.
- Work in a data and metrics driven environment; meeting and exceeding response and accuracy guidelines to assist prospective and continuing students explore their higher education options through accurately directing them to the appropriate party.
- Exceed activity levels through proper attendance, availability, and multitasking; as to achieve individual and team metrics.
- Work effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively as to ensure that best practices are developed and utilized.
- Quickly become an expert on the technology / processes within the generalist team, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Add value to the time spent with prospective and continuing students by building rapport with students to successfully obtain transfers
- Secure new inquiries by directly asking about referrals of others to contact, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements; Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Accountability:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking will receive additional consideration)
- Two or more years of combined prior experience in inside sales, call center, recruitment, or student enrollment
- Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve personal life goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and havinga record of exceeding expectations in a highly ethical and professional way.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages, and systems for reporting features.
- Ability to interact effectively as either as a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in handling high volumes of calls effectively and professionally. Position requires listening to others (e.g., students, staff, etc.), to understand, and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Professional engagement and communication
- Obtain transfers through utilization of proper scripting
- Accurately enter data
- Have absolute integrity
- Transfer students accurately
- Follow adherence and attendance guidelines.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with an objective disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, utilize various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe, and assess information. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description. Travel may be required for training and other company needs.
Mission Statement: CHCP is dedicated to providing quality training to individuals interested in the allied health care fields. It is CHCP’s goal to provide students with the knowledge and technical proficiency to assist them become employable in entry-level positions in the allied health care field or become eligible to retain and/or be promoted in a position they already possess.
Notice: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job.