Summary: Under direct supervision, recruit qualified candidates for our school’s Allied Healthcare programs in a compliant, appropriate and professional manner. Provide basic course and career information, routine guidance and assistance to potential students on matters related to enrollment and the admissions process. Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, school, and/or regulatory agencies. Uphold enrollment standards by complying with related governmental regulations and standards of accreditation, and by enrolling only students who meet eligibility requirements as published in our college’s catalog. Demonstrate positive attitude, genuine concern for student outcomes, excellent teamwork skills, and outstanding time management skills. You must possess a professional work ethic to follow-through on all commitments to our students. The right candidate must be able to sit for long periods of time and dial out 100-150 calls to potential students each day. Your phone interviews will be monitored and you will receive training, coaching and feedback on a daily/weekly basis to ensure compliance and our students best interest are always first. The expectation is that the majority of an Admissions Advisors time will be spent directly interacting with prospects/students over the phone. It is expected that the Admissions Advisor meet all minimum standards of performance to be outlined by your Director of Admissions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Empathetic to potential students concerns and goals
- Dependability: Responds to all requests for service and assistance
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Display willingness to make decisions and stay in compliance with both state and national laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities
- Communication: Effectively communicates with others over the phone, through email, chat and social media. Also with your cross functional partners.
- Work Ethic: Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform using critical thinking and problem solving. Work effectively on a team; maintain a positive attitude, excellent communication skills.
- Accuracy: Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy
- Outbound calls 100-150 per day prospecting for new students
- Daily follow up on all existing new students moving through the enrollment process
- Provide basic information and routine advice, guidance and assistance to students using established procedures and policies on available programs and eligibility requirements, including the application of policies and procedures regarding the admissions process.
- Accurately account for all inquiries and the admissions activity associated with all inquiries.
- Complete daily activity reports and close of business reports accurately.
- Ensure that all pre-start paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain all required reports current and accurate, including information stored in our system.
- Performance: Ability to achieve data conversions set by the Director of Admissions.
- Attend and successfully complete all training requirements for this position, as required by CHCP or designee.
- Work Schedule: Each advisor is required to work full time. Shift start and end times are subject to change due to business or student needs. Staff will be given a minimum of 1 week advance notice to adjust their outside affairs to accommodate schedule change. Overtime may be required with advance notice.
- Maintain telephone coverage during assigned hours, including answering inbound calls from students and internal customers and making outbound calls for various purposes. Assist students in all aspects of the enrollment process by delivering accurate, up-to-date information in a calm, polite and professional demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Works independently; Uses time efficiently; Complete work efficiently with many interruptions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 years customer service/ or sales experience (Online Admissions experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill Company Key Characteristics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis.
- Nights and weekends will be a requirement in the near future. Changes to schedule to meet the needs of our students is necessary and could happen frequently.
- Excellent presentation and follow up skill’s degree (preferred)
- Ability to speak and write in a business/professional manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include 2-3 late nights and every other Saturday. Over time required at times to meet the business needs.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in MicroSoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word) and data entry. Knowledge of CampusVue
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting, talking or hearing. On occasion, this position may stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may lift up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements are the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.