CHCP has implemented the safeguards for our students, faculty’s health while on-campus. Learn More
So you decided to pursue higher education, what are the benefits?
Students who attend institutions of higher education obtain a wide range of personal, financial, and other lifelong benefits; society as a whole also beneficiate of a better educated citizen.
Marcelina Hardy stated that there are seven benefits associated to a higher education. This doesn’t mean everybody will benefit the same way but this could be some benefits that you could enjoy.
• Better education, the higher are the earnings for all racial/ethnic groups and for both men and women.
• Lower Blood Pressure and Stress. Different studies have shown that high level of education is linked to lower blood pressure and lower levels of stress hormone. Also males and females who earned a college degree are also at a lower risk of developing colorectal, prostate, lung and breast cancer, according to a 2008 study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
• Healthier lifestyle choices. The better educated the better lifestyle choices you make base upon your knowledge and earnings. College grads are less likely to smoke and more likely to exercise.
• Employer-provided Health coverage. With a college degree there are better opportunities of employment that include Health care benefits.
• Job satisfaction. By selecting a career that will satisfy you, the more satisfying nature of the jobs. We all know if you like what you do, the happier you will be.
• Job stability. Unemployment among college graduates during the recession was consistently lower than the unemployment rates of non-degree holders, according to the College Board.
• Future children benefits. Parents who had a higher education held higher expectations for their children to earn a degree, according to a Parent and Family Involvement in Education Survey part of the 2007 National Household Education Surveys Program. These parents were also more likely to pay for their children's education.
So you are making the right decision!