Online ICD-10 Seminars
ICD-10-CM/PCS CONTINUING EDUCATION SEMINAR
This online continuing education unit provides concepts and practice for skills utilized within the aspect of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS as they relate to Health Information Management and Coding and Reimbursement. These concepts and practice units cover learning objectives related to terminology, coding guidelines, code structure and techniques that are required to assign correct codes on claims in the transition from ICD-9 Volume 1-3.
This program has been approved for 12 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) delivered via Elsevier Continuing Education Online Module.
Breakdown of Core Content Hrs Approved
- ICD-10-CM: 5
- ICD-10-PCS: 4
Intended Participants: Currently employed in an inpatient or outpatient healthcare setting as a coordinator, analyst, coder, biller, charge capture or data entry specialist.
- 9 Continuing Education Units / 7 Weeks - Online
OUTLINE OF TOPICS:
- ICD-10-PCS History and Organization (2 hrs)
- ICD-10-PCS Code Structure and Definitions and Guidelines (1 hr)
- Ancillary and Other Medical and Surgical-Related Procedures (1 hr)
- Overview and Usage of ICD-10-CM (2 hrs)
- Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines (1 hr)
- Chapter Specific Guidelines (2 hrs)