Summary: This role will focus primarily on: continuous updating, optimization, and improvement of the CHCP website; search engine optimization; content marketing; social media and reputation management. The Senior Marketing Manager will also serve as the day to day liaison with campus and regulatory leadership including being able to take trends seen in different markets and translating them into marketing strategies and tactics. Strong customer service and listening skills are critical components of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- CHCP Website. Monitors and ensures that the CHCP website (desktop and mobile) is updated, functional, organized, efficient, and populated with fresh, relevant content:
- Formatting and functionality
- Coordination of web projects/content needs across departments
- Maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Oversee freelancers, copyeditor’s, digital agencies, etc.
- Develop new website landing pages and program pages
- Ensure competitiveness with like colleges
- Social Media. Responsible for the development and implementation of a growth oriented, industry leading, comprehensive, multi-channel, social media strategy and plan. Oversee timely tactical execution. Stay current on industry and competitive trends. Develop a performance management dashboard, and routinely track/report progress and opportunities.
- Performance management will assess Social Media’s impact on brand awareness, traffic, branding, and lead generation. Management will include the acquisition of relevant software if needed.
- Own the SEO roadmap and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on the product, structure, partnerships, publicity and content teams to ensure progress on SERP movement across keywords.
- Reputation Management. Develop the corporate strategy. Ensure that CHCP’s reviews and testimonials are current, and properly distributed internally and externally. Create competitive advantage within the industry. Create, maintain and distribute routine reports.
- Conceive and develop organic lead generation programs and marketing campaigns that further CHCP corporate and Campus objectives. Work with key stakeholders – marketing, creative, digital agencies, testing vendors etc. to develop and implement search engine optimization recommendations such as:
- Keyword research and specifications throughout web site pages
- Site audits to ensure best practices
- Copy and design recommendations
- General Marketing. Provide marketing communication support, planning, and implementation of campaigns for campus and admissions team. Recommend initiatives as needed. Support community and publicity marketing initiatives. Support the overall organization's advertising and promotion activities including print, online/digital, and direct mail. Responsible for all creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans and new marketing strategic initiatives. Manage creative agencies, video agencies and other vendors as needed.
- . Support the VP of Marketing and CEO on the implementation of key initiatives as needed.
- . Day to Day management responsibility for the Social Media Coordinator
- All other duties as assigned
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Works independently; Uses time efficiently; Complete work efficiently with many interruptions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong proofreading, grammar, and copywriting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Need a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on deadline.
- Professional level of organization.
- Prefer knowledge in any of the following: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years relative experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of digital marketing, website management, creative development, social media and reputation management experience
- Experience managing marketing agencies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Collaborative work style
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook, and Word) and data entry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting, talking or hearing. On occasion, this position may stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Periodically, this position may lift up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements are the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.