Summary: Work under and reports to the Campus President and Corporate Director of Imaging Programs to ensure adequate number of clinical affiliation sites are available to meet the need of imaging programs. Responsible for recruit, develop and monitor clinical sites for student assignments. He/she should constantly market the programs offered throughout the medical imaging community and actively seek additional clinical externship sites for the students and program development. Responsible for 40% of externship sites hiring students by program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Maintain federal, state and accreditation compliance
- Ensures organizational requirements are met of 40% of externs are hired by their site
- Monitor and maintain TWC and accreditation regulations of all student records with respect to site evaluations, time cards, surveys and any other required documentation
- Attain a thorough knowledge of all rules and standards set forth by the state, federal and accrediting board with respect to the externship and ensure all rules and regulations are adhered to
- Responsible for the recruitment and maintaining of clinical affiliation sites for imaging related programs (LMRT and RT), marketing to the medical community, communications and public relations of the department and school
- Ensure sufficient opening are available at sites for number of students needing externships
- Meets number of new sites developed designated by company metrics
- Complete pre-site evaluations and obtains appropriate documentation to meet clinical site guidelines
- Serve as liaison between students, college faculty, and the organization providing the clinical affiliation agreement and clinical site.
- Works closely with the Career Services on assisting the student into employment after graduation
- Observe student performance at clinical sites and provide assistance with clinical skills as needed
- Counsel students who are not attending assigned clinical rotations as scheduled
- Address and document all student behavior and performance issues
- Track and assure that all students complete a final exit after externship is completed
- Assist the students with career development, professionalism, resume preparation, and interviewing skills
- Update and maintain affiliation agreements and required site documentation
- Monitor, track and provide feedback with students regarding timekeeping and any other required clinical documentation
- Ensure all attendance is recorded and filed
- Maintain CampusVue data on students site assignments
- Assist with orientation prior to externship and clinical assignments
- Conduct weekly/bi-weekly, and/or monthly site visits as assigned
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Participate in student orientation
- Keep accurate records in an organized manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campus President or Corporate Director of Imaging Programs
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required: Graduation from an ARRT approved Radiologic Technologist Program
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of students, customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and perform statistical analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Required: Texas Medical Board Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification
Preferred: American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.