We will provide you with the theory, laboratory, and hands-on clinical experience you need.
The Vocational Nursing program is offered in Houston Northwest.
If you are looking for an vocational nursing program in Texas, you need not look any further than The College of Health Care Professions. Our vocational nurse program will prepare you for The National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN®) and to become a licensed vocational nurse.
If you like helping and interacting with people, are detail-oriented, and are looking for a hands-on career, then vocational nursing may be the right choice for you! A growth of 22% from 2010 to 2020 is expected for employment according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics*, which is faster than the average for most other occupations.* You can also complete your studies in just as little as one year, which means that you can begin working, making a difference, and earning a living quickly.
The CHCP Vocational nursing program is offered at our Northwest Houston campus in Texas.
Enroll or request more information today!
*May not reflect local or regional job market
Hear from a Vocational Nursing student!
Want the classroom experience? Watch the video!
Vocational Nursing Courses
|VNSG 1222||Vocational Nursing Concepts||16||16||1.0|
|VNSG 1420||Anatomy & Physiology for Allied Health||64||32||96||5.0|
|MATH 1227||Dosage Calculations||16||32||48||2.0|
|VNSG 1323||Basic Nursing Skills||48||92||140||6.0|
|HPRS 1106||Essentials of Medical Terminology||16||16||1.0|
|VNSG 2331||Advanced Nursing Skills||64||64||2.0|
|Semester I Total||256||220||476||23.0|
|VNSG 1429||Medical Surgical Nursing I||48||48||3.0|
|VNSG 1361||Clinical Practical Nursing I||192||192||4.0|
|VNSG 1432||Medical Surgical Nursing II||48||48||3.0|
|VNSG 1362||Clinical Practical Nursing II||192||192||4.0|
|Semester II Total||96||192||192||4.0|
|VNSG 1133||Growth & Development||32||32||2.0|
|VNSG 1237||Mental Health||48||48||3.0|
|VNSG 1238||Mental Health Clinical||48||48||1.0|
|VNSG 1330||Maternal-neonatal Nursing||32||32||2.0|
|VNSG 2161||Maternal Newborn Clinical||92||92||2.0|
|VNSG 1163||Pediatric Clinical||100||100||2.0|
|Semester III Total||240||240||480||20.0|
- On-Campus Programs
- Dental Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - AAS Degree
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist - AAS Degree
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing - Health Information Technology
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Surgical Technology - AAS Degree
- Vocational Nursing
- Online Programs
- Health and Medical Administrative Services - AAS Degree
- Health Care Management - AAS Degree
- Health Care Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Health Informatics - Bachelor's Degree
- Health Information Technology and Management - AAS Degree
- Medical Assistant - AAS Degree
- Medical Office Specialist - AAS Degree
- Radiologic Science Education - Bachelor's Degree
- Radiologic Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Radiologic Technology - AAS (Completion Program)
- Online Student Services
- Continuing Education
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Services