Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
Get started today and encourage the health and well-being of others.
The Personal Fitness Trainer program is offered in Austin and Houston Northwest.
Do you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, and enjoy teaching others about doing the same? By getting your personal fitness trainer certification, you can make a career out of working out and encouraging the health and well-being of others! Employment of Personal Fitness Trainers is expected to grow 24% from 2010 to 2020, much faster than the average for other occupations according to Bureau of Labor Statistics*.
At CHCP, not only will you gain expertise about personal training techniques, you will learn entrepreneurship skills through our business management course which will help you to create a successful personal training business. Our hands-on technique to teaching means that when you graduate, you will be fully prepared to begin a career in gyms, fitness centers, private studios, corporate wellness programs, or even start your own business as a personal trainer.
Once you’ve received your personal trainer certification, you will be eligible to take the test to become National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) certified. If you want a career that can offer the luxury of a flexible work schedule, an energetic and motivating work environment, and the personal satisfaction of knowing you are helping to make the world a healthier place, a career as a personal fitness trainer could be the right choice for you.
*May not reflect local or regional job market
Hear from a PFT student!
Want the classroom experience? Watch the video!
Personal Fitness Trainer Courses
|EP 301||Psychology of Sport||40||40||2.5|
|WEL 301||Wellness and Nutrition||40||40||80||4.0|
|KN 301||Functional Kinesiology||40||40||80||4.0|
|AP 302||Anatomy & Physiology of Movement||40||40||2.5|
|EP 302||Physiology of Exercise||40||40||80||4.0|
|AP 301||Anatomy & Physiology of Form & Function||40||40||2.5|
|PT 301||Program Design||80||40||120||6.5|
|PT 302||Training Concepts||80||40||120||6.5|
|BUS 301||Career Development||80||40||120||6.5|
- On-Campus Programs
- Dental Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - AAS Degree
- Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist - AAS Degree
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing - Health Information Technology
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Surgical Technology - AAS Degree
- Vocational Nursing
- Online Programs
- Health Care Management - AAS Degree
- Health Care Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Health Information Technology and Management - AAS Degree
- Medical Assistant - AAS Degree
- Medical Office Specialist - AAS Degree
- Radiologic Science Education - Bachelor's Degree
- Radiologic Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Online Student Services
- Continuing Education
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Services