Launch your career as a massage therapist today.
The Massage Therapy program is available in Fort Worth.
If you are looking for a career where you can learn the healing art of Massage Therapy and have a flexible schedule, then massage therapy could be for you. Massage Therapy (Texas License No. MS0127) is recognized as one of the fastest growing professions in the medical field today. Employment is expected to increase by 20% from 2010 to 2020, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics*. With a career in massage therapy, you can work full-time or part-time, or work around your existing schedule.
In the massage therapy program at the College of Health Care Professions, you will learn the origin, clinical skills, and technical knowledge necessary to become a successful massage therapist. Our massage therapy school combines hands-on clinical training, demonstrations, and lectures, making training at CHCP a fun and interactive experience.
Massage Therapy is an ancient art recognized by the general public, the health care industry, the corporate world, and insurance companies. It is used to bring clients to a deeper level of relaxation, improve health, address pain management issues, prevent injuries, restore a healthy immune system, improve work production, enhance physical fitness, and facilitate overall wellness. Graduates of CHCP’s massage therapy school will be prepared for licensing in Texas and eligible for the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork credential.
Please note that candidates for the program must be in moderately good health, as this is a physically demanding and strenuous occupation.
Criminal History Evaluation Process:
There is now a process for current & potential students to have their criminal history evaluated by the Texas Department of State Health Services to determine eligibility for state licensure. Please refer to the link listed below. We recommend completing the evaluation prior to enrolling to avoid unnecessary hardship or costs if the criminal history is grounds for license ineligibility.
*May not reflect local or regional job market
Massage Therapy Courses
|MST 601||Anatomy & Physiology I*||72||72||4.5|
|MST 602||Anatomy & Physiology II||18||18||1.0|
|MST 605||Human Health & Hygiene||18||6||24||1.0|
|MST 621||Massage Therapy Technique I||18||24||42||2.0|
|MST 612||Pregnancy Massage Technique||6||12||18||0.5|
|MST 613||Aroma Therapy||6||12||18||0.5|
|MST 611||Spa Techniques||10||12||22||1.0|
|MST 617||Swedish Deep Tissue Massage||8||12||20||0.5|
|MST 622||Massage Therapy Technique II||18||21||39||1.5|
|MST 604||Business Practices and Professional Ethics||30||15||45||2.5|
|MST 614||Trigger Points Technique||6||12||18||0.5|
|MST 615||Chair Massage Therapy||6||12||18||0.5|
|MST 623||Massage Therapy Technique III||18||26||44||2.0|
|MST 616||Hot Stone Massage||6||12||18||0.5|
|MST 618||Eastern Cultures||6||12||18||0.5|
|MST 619||Sports Massage Technique||6||14||20||0.5|
|MSTI 600||Massage Therapy Internship||80||80||1.5|
- On-Campus Programs
- Associate of Applied Science Nursing
- Dental Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - AAS Degree
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist - AAS Degree
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing - Health Information Technology
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technology - AAS Degree
- Vocational Nursing
- Online Programs
- Health and Medical Administrative Services - AAS Degree
- Health Care Management - AAS Degree
- Health Care Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Health Informatics - Bachelor's Degree
- Health Information Technology and Management - AAS Degree
- Medical Assistant - AAS Degree
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Office Specialist - AAS Degree
- Radiologic Technology - AAS (Completion Program)
- Radiological Science Education - Bachelor's Degree
- Radiological Science Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Online Student Services
- Continuing Education
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Services