Check out these tips to help make the festivities fun and safe for trick-or-treaters and party guests!
Expecting trick-or-treaters or party guests?
Follow these tips to help make the festivities fun and safe for everyone:
- Provide healthier treats for trick-or-treaters such as low-calorie treats and drinks. For party guests, offer a variety of fruits, vegetables, and cheeses.
- Use party games and trick-or-treat time as an opportunity for kids to get their daily dose of 60 minutes of physical activity.
- Be sure walking areas and stairs are well-lit and free of obstacles that could result in falls.
- Keep candle-lit jack o'lanterns and luminaries away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains. Place them on sturdy tables, keep them out of the reach of pets and small children, and never leave them unattended.
- Remind drivers to watch out for trick-or-treaters and to drive safely.
For more information on Halloween safety
Halloween Food Safety Tips
Help your children have a safe Halloween, from the food they eat to the parties they attend, from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Halloween Safety Tips
Stay safe this Halloween with safety tips from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
"Halloween Health and Safety Tips." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 24 Oct. 2013. Web. 31 Oct. 2013. <>< />.