With the effects of Hurricane Harvey hitting close to home, The College of Health Care Professions has worked hard to take care of its students and local communities. After a week of varying campus closures, CHCP resumed classes on Tuesday, September 5th. Students, Faculty, and Staff not only got back to work, their coordinated efforts in each city to gather donations.
Dallas, Houston Northwest, Houston Southwest, and McAllen: These Campuses are still accepting donations until the end of the week of Toiletries, non-perishable food, Infant items, and more. Contact them for specifics.
Austin hosted a hot dog cookout campus where their Director of Education and Instructors served students on Friday, September 8th in their courtyard. They are also selling Houston Strong Decals to raise additional funds for our Houston campuses.
San Antonio Staff and students worked together to collect donations so that one of our Admissions Advisors, Oscar Palacios, could take those donations to Aransas Pass, Rockport Fulton, and Ingleside, some of the areas where the eye of the storm hit. They are still are continuing to raise money and donations.
Fort Worth able to collect and donate:
- 23 Large boxes of clothing and toiletries
- 10 Cases of Diapers
- 14 large bags of clothing
- 37 cases of water (20 being delivered by Ready Refresh today or tomorrow from one of our graduates)
- 1 Playpen and 3 infant seats
- 2 boxes of Food
- $373 in cash which was used to purchase a vehicle full of 5 cases of diapers, school supplies: notebooks, paper, pens, erasers, pencil bags, baby wipes, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, deodorants, socks, underwear, bottles, pacifiers, and formula.
If you’re not able to donate directly to our campuses, we also have a Go Fund me which will be used to directly support our students in the Houston Area: https://www.gofundme.com/chcpharveyfund
If you are a CHCP student who has been affected by Hurricane Harvey, please contact your Campus for Assistance: http://www.chcp.edu/locations